StPaulBFF on Twitter
- New post: St. Paul: With $25M in state funding, Saints ballpark in Lowertown is a go http://t.co/PeBCAAHA
- New post: St. Paul Saints ballpark wins bonding sweepstakes http://t.co/rjXgt4Ev
- New post: St. Paul wins $25 million for Saints ballpark http://t.co/4lpsZpR5
Join Ballpark Fans and Friends to show your support, learn more about volunteer opportunities, and get the latest news about the ballpark initiative.
Welcome to Ballpark Fans and Friends! We’re working hard to bring a St. Paul community ballpark to Lowertown. In order to make this happen, we need the help of supporters like you! More »
Community baseball has been important to thousands of Minnesota fans and families for generations. For almost 30 years, St. Paul’s Midway Stadium has been a part of this tradition, hosting events from St. Paul Saints games to Minnesota State High School League championships, NCAA baseball, American Legion baseball, Minnesota Town Ball, and even football and soccer matches. The stadium also has hosted concerts by the likes of musical legends Bob Dylan, Willie Nelson, and R.E.M. But Minnesota’s love of community baseball and community events has exceeded Midway Stadium’s capacity and viability.
Now there is a new plan and a new vision for community baseball in Minnesota that will provide a home for this baseball – St. Paul baseball – that has produced some of the game’s greatest players. Dave Winfield, Paul Molitor, Jack Morris, and Joe Mauer all played on St. Paul’s diamonds. Picture a majestic new ballpark in St. Paul’s Lowertown that will enhance and continue St. Paul’s storied baseball tradition that calls Dave Winfield, Jack Morris, and Joe Mauer among its sons. Together we can create this home for the St. Paul Saints and other teams and players who share Midway Stadium.
- Design/build team announced for new Saints ballpark September 19, 2012 - From: Ballpark Digest
- St. Paul: With $25M in state funding, Saints ballpark in Lowertown is a go September 14, 2012 - From: Pioneer Press
- St. Paul Saints ballpark wins bonding sweepstakes September 14, 2012 - From: Pioneer Press
- St. Paul wins $25 million for Saints ballpark September 14, 2012 - From: Star Tribune
- St. Paul and the Saints hoping for state money for new ballpark September 13, 2012 - From: KARE 11